I have Michele for you today from Flavor Mosaic. I know Michelle from many groups that I am in and I have also had the pleasure of meeting her face to face. We had a delicious lunch together this past summer. She is the only out of town blogger that I have had the fortune to meet. Michelle has brought for you today these gorgeous Good Luck Meatball Sliders to celebrate New Year’s Day!! I am completely in love with them, aren’t you??
Happy New Year everyone! I can’t believe it is already 2015! I hope you had a wonderful year and New Years Eve. I am Michele from Flavor Mosaic. I am so fortunate to have met Tara in Calgary last summer when I was traveling for work. Today I am guest posting today while Tara is enjoying some well deserved time off with her family.
I have a special “Good Luck” recipe for this New Year’s day that is also a yummy game day appetizer while everyone watches their favorite football games on TV.
Good Luck Meatball Sliders, a slight variation from my Meatball Biscuit sliders, are made with ground pork because pork is considered a “good luck” food for the New Year. I have read that it symbolizes progress. In addition to symbolizing good luck, these are easy to make, and easier to serve. I serve them on biscuits because they are the perfect size.
Your gang will love these yummy Good Luck Meatball Sliders.
Have a Happy New Year, and be sure to visit Flavor Mosaic for more yummy recipes!
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on:
- 1 package refrigerated biscuits
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound bulk pork
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional or adjust to taste)
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (I like lots of pepper)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup of your favorite marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare biscuits according to package directions. Set aside.
- Place the ground beef and ground pork into a mixing bowl, and season with onion powder, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, black pepper and Worcestershire sauce; mix well. Add 2 eggs, parmesan cheese, and seasoned bread crumbs. Mix until evenly blended. Then form into 1-1/2 inch meatballs, and place onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 400 degrees until no longer pink in the center, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Place one meatball on top of the bottom half of one biscuit. Spoon about one or two teaspoons of marinara sauce on top of each meatball. Sprinkle with a little shredded mozzarella cheese. Return the meatballs with the bottom half of the biscuits to the oven for about 5 minutes to melt the cheese. Top with the other half of the biscuit and serve.