Mexican Chicken Salad
Mexican is the theme for this month’s #TheSaladBar. I needed little inspiration for this salad as I love Mexican. When I think of Mexican food like this Mexican Chicken Salad, I think of fresh wonderful ingredients, so a salad is easy to pull together.
This one has a lot of my favorite ingredients and can be a quick weeknight meal.
I love a little spice so I added taco seasoning to the ranch dressing. My taco seasoning is quite spicy so it works well, if yours isn’t, add a little hot sauce or cayenne to up it a bit.
I hope you try this recipe and lots of the others from this month’s #TheSaladBar, ENJOY!!!
Crunchy goodness with lots of flavor in every forkful!!
- 1 small head romaine, torn into small pieces
- 1/2 head iceberg, torn into small pieces
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup red pepper, diced
- 1 cup tomato, diced
- 1 cup red onion, small slices
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup cilantro, torn
- 2 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- 1 cup light Ranch dressing
- Divide lettuce between four plates. Top each plate with a 1/2 cup chicken and then 1/4 cup each of black beans, corn, red pepper, tomato, and red onion.
- Divide avocado among the plates and then the cilantro.
- Mix the taco seasoning with the ranch dressing and serve on the side with the salads.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 511Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 1048mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 12gSugar: 11gProtein: 26g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.
Check out all the other wonderful salads in our Linky Party, just click on through!!!