Mexican Chicken Salad
Mexican is the theme for this month’s #TheSaladBar. I needed little inspiration for this salad as I love Mexican. When I think of Mexican food like this Mexican Chicken Salad, I think of fresh wonderful ingredients, so a salad is easy to pull together. This one has a lot of my favorite ingredients and can be a quick weeknight meal.
I love a little spice so I added taco seasoning to the ranch dressing. My taco seasoning is quite spicy so it works well, if yours isn’t, add a little hot sauce or cayenne to up it a bit. I hope you try this recipe and lots of the others from this month’s #TheSaladBar, ENJOY!!!
Crunchy goodness with lots of flavor in every forkful!!
- 1 small head romaine, torn into small pieces
- ½ head iceberg, torn into small pieces
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup red pepper, diced
- 1 cup tomato, diced
- 1 cup red onion, small slices
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup cilantro, torn
- 2 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- 1 cup light Ranch dressing
- Divide lettuce between four plates. Top each plate with a ½ cup chicken and then ¼ cup each of black beans, corn, red pepper, tomato and red onion. Divide avocado among the plates and then the cilantro. Mix the taco seasoning with the ranch dressing and serve on the side with the salads.
Check out all the other wonderful salads in our Linky Party, just click on through!!!