Mussels and Pomme Frites
One of my absolute favorite things is Mussels and Pomme Frites. Decadent and incredibly delicious. You want to pick up the bowl and lick the last little drop from the bottom of the bowl.
Don’t tell anyone but I have done this!!! Let’s just keep that our little secret!!
I love mussels any which way but in a creamy wine sauce, they are definitely divine. Crisp fries and a garlicky aioli top off this wonderful dish, making it the ultimate indulgent!!
This is just like a restaurant-style mussel appetizer or entree but you can easily make this at home! With a little coordination, you can pull off this amazing dish that will get rave reviews from.
Grab a bowl, a hunk of bread, or a bun and dive right in. Dunking, slurping, savoring!! Enjoy!! Also, try our new Amazing Red Curry Thai Mussels too.
- 2 lbs. mussels, rinsed and beards removed
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 medium leek, rinsed well and sliced, light green and whites only
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups champagne or white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 large potato, cut into small fries
- Canola oil for frying
- Parsley for garnish
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Take the minced garlic and add a small amount of salt and mash the garlic in a small bowl. Add the egg yolk and with a hand mixer beat for 1/2 min. until the yolk has turned a pale yellow color.
- Slowly add the oil while continuously beating. Continue beating until all the oil is incorporated and the mixture is the consistency of mayonnaise. Add in the mustard and lemon juice. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Have oil ready in a medium wok while the mussels are cooking.
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat then add the leeks, salt, and pepper, cook until the leeks are soft and transparent.
- Add the mussels and white wine to the large pot, cover, and cook for 5-6 min. until they are opened. Remove the cooked mussels and keep warm discarding any mussels that have not opened. Reserve the liquid in the pot
- Add the fries, in batches, to the hot oil and fry until golden brown, salt immediately when done, and keep warm.
- Add 1/2 cup heavy cream to wine mixture, simmer to reduce for about 5-6 min.
- Serve the mussels with the cream sauce and the pommes frites on top with a dollop of aioli. Garnish with a sprig of parsley.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 1310Total Fat: 69gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 41gCholesterol: 353mgSodium: 1682mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 80g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.