Here we are today with the Creative Cookie Exchange!! I took the summer off but I’m back with this great Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookie. I had never tried natural ground peanuts, I’ve always walked past that section in the grocery store where they grind fresh nut butters and thought why not give it a try with this cookie. I also was looking for some special chocolate chunks, instead of regular chocolate chips so I ventured to Bernard Callebaut, a local specialty chocolatier.
These cookies are not too sweet, delightfully crisp, with fine quality ingredients.
Look at the chunks of chocolate and that lovely natural peanut texture.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies for Creative Cookie Exchange
A delightfully crisp cookie with natural peanut butter and good quality chocolate chunks.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup pure natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp milk
- 2 oz. good quality dark chocolate, chopped
- Whisk together all the dry ingredients except for the chocolate. Cut the butter in, then add the peanut butter and work the mixture until it has a course meal texture. Stir in the milk and continue to work the dough, then fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Shape into a long log shape 2" in diameter on plastic wrap. Seal and refrigerate to chill for 1 hour. The mixture will be dry but will hold together.
- Remove from the refrigerator and slice about 1/4" thick placing on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350F for 12 min. Cool on the cookie sheet for 5 min. then remove to a cooling rack.
The theme this month is Comfort Food Cookies! What cookie says comfort food to you? If you are a blogger and want to join in the fun, contact Laura at thespicedlife AT gmail DOT com and she will get you added to our Facebook group, where we discuss our cookies and share links.
You can also just use us as a great resource for cookie recipes–be sure to check out our Pinterest Board and our monthly posts (you can find all of them here at The Spiced Life). You will be able to find them the first Tuesday after the 15th of each month! Also, if you are looking for inspiration to get in the kitchen and start baking, check out what all of the hosting bloggers have made:
- Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies from What Smells So Good?
- Butterscotch Cookies from A Baker’s House
- Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies from Made with Love
- Chocolate Cappuccino Toffee Chip Cookies from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Chocolate Chip Cookies Made with an Assortment of Chocolate from The Spiced Life
- Crispy Potato Chip Cookies from Rhubarb and Honey
- Dark Chocolate Chunk Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies from Food Lust People Love
- Momma’s Bran Chocolate Chip Cookies from Sweet Cinnamon Honey
- Nut Cookies from Basic N Delicious
- Peanut Butter & Damson Jam Bars from Baking in Pyjamas
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies from Noshing with the Nolands
- Quadruple Chocolate Shortbread Cookies from Magnolia Days
- Roth (The Sacred Cookies from Kashmir) from Spiceroots
- Thekua (Sweet Wheat Cookies from Bihar) from Indian Curries/Stew
- Triple Chocolate Cookies from It’s Yummi
Comments & Reviews
Excellent choice to use the natural peanut butter and special chocolate. I can see both making this a scrumptious cookie.
I must admit I always walk past that aisle too, Tara, because I’ve seen the way the all-natural peanut butters seem to separate out in the jars. Maybe the key is to buy it freshly ground. Your cookies do have lovely flecks of peanut in them and I’d love that!
Becca from It's Yummi! says
There isn’t a whole lot better than a chocolate peanut butter combo in a cookie. Can’t wait to devour a batch of these!
You can’t go wrong with peanut butter and chocolate. I’d love to have a stack of these cookies in front of me right now, they would not last long!
Kayle (The Cooking Actress) says
gorgeous photos and TASTYYY cookies!!!!
These look fantastic and I am beyond impressed you got it out! Feel better!
Honest confession! I have never tried peanut butter with chocolate! I know.. the admission is almost a scandal in itself .. But these cookies make me want to try the combination. 😀
My kiddo loves peanut butter….. She is definitely going to love these cookies… Thanx for sharing…
Maureen | Orgasmic Chef says
I don’t think you could share a cookie I liked better than this one. I can almost taste them – your photo was that good. 🙂
Sophie @Sweet Cinnamon & Honey says
Nothing beats great ingredients. Peanut butter cookies are definitely one of my faves, and I looove fresh ground peanut butter. These look so tasty!
Your cookies sound really good and the look so pretty also.
Karen @ Karen's Kitchen Stories says
These look so good Tara. Glad to have you back!!!
Nettie Moore says
Now this is my kind of cookie, just delicious! Nettie
[email protected] says
I love peanut butter and chocolate. Your cookies sound divine!
Evelyn @ My Turn for us says
Love these babies!!! Pinned:))
Fresh ingredients makes all the difference:)
Nicole Neverman says
These cookies look and sound absolutely perfect!! I adore chocolate and peanut butter together 🙂
Debi @ Life Currents says
These look fantastic! I can’t wait to try them!
Nancy @ gottagetbaked says
Tara, these cookies are so pretty! They do indeed look delightfully crunchy and I’m in love with those chunks of Callebaut chocolate (one of my favourite brands to use).
Making these today but where do I used the extra 1 Tbl of milk, is it to brush the cookies with before cooking?
Noshing with the Nolands says
All the milk goes in, they need just a bit more than the 1/4 cup of milk.
Thank you made these on the 19th and they were brilliant, never made cookies before plus I didn’t need the extra spoonful of milk after all so I drank it :- )
Noshing with the Nolands says
LOL, you always need milk with your cookies!! I am so glad you liked them. They are not too sweet and nice and crisp plus easy to make.
[email protected] in Pyjamas says
Peanut butter and chocolate, you can’t go wrong. These look brilliant!
These are definitely comfort food to me!