Shrimp Club Panini
It is cookbook review time again and I have a winner of a cookbook for you today!!! I adore sandwiches but even better are paninis. A quick and delicious dinner awaits you with seemingly endless recipes from this cookbook. Nothing could be faster, easier and more tasty than a well built scrumptious panini. We loved flipping through the pages of 200 Best Panini Recipes to find one to try for you!!!
This recipe called for an Italian crusty roll, something I had never tried in my panini maker. With a little adjustment for height, the sandwich turned out amazing.
This recipe book has 16 all-new photos to make you drool over paninis. They are an Italian fast food in Italy but seem so much more gourmet with all their wonderful ingredients!!
The author has put her own spin on some of the more traditional recipes like the Classic Reuben Panini or the Monte Cristo Panini. Plus there are so many more that are so creative like the Roasted Chicken, Brie and Pear Panini or the Smashed White Bean, Avocado and Bacon Panini. We will be making so many more from this cookbook for sure!!
Look at all the wonderful ingredients that are crammed into this drool worthy sandwich, delicious!! I hope you get this cookbook and try so many more recipes like this fantastic one. ENJOY!!!
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced 1
- 1⁄4 tsp salt 1 mL
- 1⁄4 tsp freshly ground black pepper 1 mL
- 2 Italian rolls, split 2
- 1 tbsp olive oil 15 mL
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise 50 mL
- 8 oz medium shrimp, cooked and halved 250 g
- 2 oz Swiss cheese, thinly sliced 60 g
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp 4
- 1 large avocado, sliced 1
- To me, this is the perfect recipe, with the ideal mix of ingredients. Make sure you have extra napkins ready before you bite into this sandwich — you will need them!
- Serves 2
- If you have leftover grilled shrimp from a cookout, they would be wonderful in this recipe.
- Remove the flesh of an avocado by cutting it in half lengthwise. Twist it open, leaving the pit on one side. Gently strike the pit with a large, sharp knife (I use my French knife) and twist again to remove the pit. Using a large soup spoon, scoop the flesh from the skin and slice it. Avocado flesh browns easily once it is sliced;
- to keep browning to a minimum, sprinkle it with lime or lemon juice.
- Sprinkle tomato slices evenly with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Place rolls, cut side down, on a work surface and brush crusts with oil. Turn rolls over and spread with mayonnaise. On bottom halves, evenly layer with shrimp, cheese, bacon, avocado and seasoned tomato. Cover with top halves and press gently to pack.
- Place sandwiches in grill, close the top plate and cook until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Excerpted from 200 Best Panini Recipes by Tiffany Collins © 2013 www.robertrose.ca Reprinted with publisher permission.
The author Tiffany Collins Blackmon is a nationally recognized culinary professional. She has had numerous appearances on shows like Good Morning America, HGTV, Home Shopping Network and E! Entertainment Television.