Spaghetti Olio with Walnuts
As I said yesterday I had received some lovely oils from Blue Door Oil and Vinegar. This made me start to think of Spaghetti Olio with Walnuts pasta, not your ordinary pasta, I wanted something different. I went seeking one of Mario Batali’s recipes.
We love pasta in our house! Pretty much any type of pasta, from lasagna to stuffed pasta shells so I know this would be a hit with my family!
Something that would let this good quality olive oil shine through. I found what I was looking for in this delicious pasta. It also ticked off the box of our weekly vegetarian meal.
What a delicious dinner this was. Simple ingredients coming together to make something that is so far from simple. Absolutely divine!! I really hope you enjoy this one.
The addition of the walnuts to the luxurious olive oil coated spaghetti adds a delightful crunch to the plate! This pasta recipe could be part of a larger feast, maybe the second course of a fancy dinner party. Serving a small plate would add so much to the overall dinner, it would be delightful.
This dish could also be a standalone meal for the family. Pair with a salad and you would have an easy yet wonderful meal that you could create in a very short period of time!
The key to creating delicious meals is quality ingredients. Make sure that you are using good extra virgin olive oil, and the pasta, you need to make sure you are using good quality pasta.
Don’t just buy any old pasta from the grocery store, make sure you are getting a good quality product. It really does make a big difference in the taste of the final product.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan, finely grated
- Fill a large pot with salted water, about 6 quarts, and bring to a boil.
- I a large fry pan heat the oil and saute the garlic over medium heat. Lightly brown the garlic then add the walnuts and red pepper flakes and cook until lightly toasted 3-4 min. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place the pasta in the boiling water and cook per package instructions until just al dente. Before draining the pasta add 1/3 cup of the water to the frypan and stir.
- Drain the pasta in a colander and pour it into the frying pan. Place the pan back onto medium heat and toss the pasta with the sauce.
- When it is heated through stir in parmesan and serve garnished with parsley.
- Serve immediately
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 347Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 158mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 9g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust
Recipe adapted from Mario Batali