Spaghetti Olio with Walnuts
As I said yesterday I had received some lovely oils from Blue Door Oil and Vinegar. This made me start to think of Spaghetti Olio with Walnuts pasta, not your ordinary pasta, I wanted something different. I went seeking one of Mario Batali’s recipes.
Something that would let this good quality olive oil shine through. I found what I was looking for in this delicious pasta. It also ticked off the box of our weekly vegetarian meal. What a delicious dinner this was. Simple ingredients coming together to make something that is so far from simple. Absolutely divine!! I really hope you enjoy this one.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan, finely grated
- Fill a large pot with salted water, about 6 quarts, and bring to a boil.
- I a large fry pan heat the oil and saute the garlic over medium heat. Lightly brown the garlic then add the walnuts and red pepper flakes and cook until lightly toasted 3-4 min. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place the pasta in the boiling water and cook per package instructions until just al dente. Before draining the pasta add 1/3 cup of the water to the frypan and stir.
- Drain the pasta in a colander and pour it into the frying pan. Place the pan back onto medium heat and toss the pasta with the sauce.
- When it is heated through stir in parmesan and serve garnished with parsley.
- Serve immediately
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 347Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 158mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 9g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust
Recipe adapted from Mario Batali