Streusel Topped Pumpkin Cheesecake
Fall is upon us now and the leaves are changing colors rapidly in our neck of the woods. Pumpkin recipes are a true sign that crisp fall breezes are starting to blow but inside the house are aromas of spices and baking. This Streusel Topped Pumpkin Cheesecake was an enormous hit here.
Ken dove into the kitchen to create this autumnal delight that you can serve to your family and friends for the holidays. The streusel topping takes this cheesecake to another level with it sweet crunchy ingredients.
Cheesecake is real comfort food. Serving this to company, family or friends will guarantee you rave reviews. It is a dessert that so many people adore, young and old. With its’ wonderful pumpkin pie spices, it is perfect for Thanksgiving and Christmas!!
I love a streusel topping, one of my favorites on a loaf or a muffin, and now on this lovely luscious cheesecake. You also don’t have to worry about the top cracking with this topping, no one will ever see it. It is cooked in a water bath through which does allow for minimal cracking.
This is a nice and tall delicious cheesecake. One that will fill your springform pan! Don’t just take a small slice because you will be back for another one, guaranteed!!
Streusel Topped Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe
Streusel Topped Pumpkin Cheesecake
This is a luscious tall pumpkin spiced cheesecake with an incredible streusel topping that is perfect for the holidays!!
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (gluten-free if desired)
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 packages light cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 (16 oz.) can pure pumpkin
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. cloves
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 5 large eggs, beaten
- 6 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat over to 325F. Grease a 10" springform pan and double wrap the bottom securely with heavy-duty foil. In a small bowl combine the crust ingredients and press into the bottom of the pan and 1" up the sides.
- In a large bowl of a stand mixer beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the pumpkin, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg until mixed well. Beat in the eggs on low speed. Pour the mixture over the crust. Place the springform pan in a cookie sheet or pan with sides and fill with 1" of hot water.
- Bake for 1 hour. Mix the streusel ingredients together by first combining the sugar and butter and then stirring in the walnuts. Place carefully on top of the hot cheesecake and bake for a further 30 min. longer or until the center is still slightly jiggly but mainly set. While still hot run a knife around the pan and then let cool further for 1 hour. Refrigerate covered overnight. Remove the sides of the pan to serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 445Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 117mgSodium: 216mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 2gSugar: 40gProtein: 7g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is an estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.
Comments & Reviews
You could just leave out the crust if gluten-free graham cracker crumbs are too hard to find.
Tara Noland says
It might have the tendency to leak though, that would be my only concern.
Brett Beyer says
I absolutely LOVE when pumpkin season comes around! I can never get enough of the stuff! Especially when you use the word “Cheesecake!”
Aimee Smith says
Two of my favorite flavors in one yummy treat! Can’t wait to make!
Reesa Lewandowski says
Cheesecake is seriously one of my favorite desserts and pumpkin season is here. I need to give this a try. I bet it is super delicious!
Oh gosh that sounds so good. Im loving anything pumpkin this time of the year.
Lisa Favre says
The streusel on this looks divine! Perfect amount of texture!
This looks so good! I love pumpkin flavor as well as cheesecake. The two together must be great. I can’t wait to try this out.
This may actually get me to try a pumpkin dessert. It looks SO delicious!
Ann Bacciaglia says
I love to eat cheesecake. I will have to try this Streusel Topped Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe. It looks delicious and easy to make.
Tammi Roy says
Streusel Topped Pumpkin Cheesecake looks amazing. I am excited to get the ingredients I need to make this on the weekend.
Liz Mays says
Ahh this sounds so good! I love cheesecake and I’ve totally been craving pumpkin treats lately.
This looks delicious! I love anything pumpkin so I’ll have to try this.
Bill S says
This sounds like a great cheesecake perfect for fall! I love that this is topped with streusel adds even more to it!
Janis @MommyBlogExpert says
What a wonderful dessert idea for all the fall holidays coming up. Bookmarking your yummy looking recipe post now, to make soon.
Amy Desrosiers says
This really looks so darn amazing! I love how the streusal on top adds to the yumminess of this cake.