Streusel Topped Pumpkin Cheesecake
Fall is upon us now and the leaves are changing colors rapidly in our neck of the woods. Pumpkin recipes are a true sign that crisp fall breezes are starting to blow but inside the house are aromas of spices and baking. This Streusel Topped Pumpkin Cheesecake was an enormous hit here.
Ken dove into the kitchen to create this autumnal delight that you can serve to your family and friends for the holidays. The streusel topping takes this cheesecake to another level with it sweet crunchy ingredients.
Cheesecake is real comfort food. Serving this to company, family or friends will guarantee you rave reviews. It is a dessert that so many people adore, young and old. With its’ wonderful pumpkin pie spices, it is perfect for Thanksgiving and Christmas!!
I love a streusel topping, one of my favorites on a loaf or a muffin, and now on this lovely luscious cheesecake. You also don’t have to worry about the top cracking with this topping, no one will ever see it. It is cooked in a water bath through which does allow for minimal cracking.
This is a nice and tall delicious cheesecake. One that will fill your springform pan! Don’t just take a small slice because you will be back for another one, guaranteed!!
Streusel Topped Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (gluten-free if desired)
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 packages light cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 (16 oz.) can pure pumpkin
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. cloves
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 5 large eggs, beaten
- 6 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat over to 325F. Grease a 10" springform pan and double wrap the bottom securely with heavy-duty foil. In a small bowl combine the crust ingredients and press into the bottom of the pan and 1" up the sides.
- In a large bowl of a stand mixer beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the pumpkin, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg until mixed well. Beat in the eggs on low speed. Pour the mixture over the crust. Place the springform pan in a cookie sheet or pan with sides and fill with 1" of hot water.
- Bake for 1 hour. Mix the streusel ingredients together by first combining the sugar and butter and then stirring in the walnuts. Place carefully on top of the hot cheesecake and bake for a further 30 min. longer or until the center is still slightly jiggly but mainly set. While still hot run a knife around the pan and then let cool further for 1 hour. Refrigerate covered overnight. Remove the sides of the pan to serve.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 445Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 117mgSodium: 216mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 2gSugar: 40gProtein: 7g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is an estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.