Stuffed Rolled Flank Steak
I was at the store and bought a flank steak to marinate and BBQ like we usually do. The lovely staff at Co-op were chatting me up and the gentleman that was bagging my groceries said his mom always stuffed and rolled their flank steak. Well, that’s all I needed to try something different. The challenge was on I created this Stuffed Rolled Flank Steak!
I took the flank steak and butterflied it, not an easy task!! Ask your butcher to do this for you. This is a nice fall meal maybe with some roasted potatoes and grilled veggies.
It’s fun to try new things. I would have never thought to stuff and roll my flank steak!
- 1 1/2-2 lb. flank steak, butterflied, giving you two pieces
- 1/2 cup packed basil, chopped
- 1 340 ml. jar roasted red peppers, diced fine
- 1/2 cup light feta, crumbled
- Montreal steak spice
- Seasoning salt
- Pound out a butterflied flank steak to tenderize. Mix basil, red peppers and feta together and spread evenly on both steaks. Roll up and tie with a string in 3 places. Season the outside with the steak spice and seasoning salt.
- Heat the BBQ to high for 5-10min. then reduce to low and grill on all sides for approx. 5 min. each for total of 15-20 min. for medium-rare or until meat thermometer reads 125-130F. Tent with foil and let rest 5 min. before slicing.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 590Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 226mgSodium: 325mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 75g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust