I was contacted by Matt and Steve’s Extreme Bean to sample their product, well I have already been sampling for a long time!! Our favorite one, that we buy all the time is their Hot and Spicy beans. They are fabulous to add to a Caesar cocktail, salad, appetizer platter, or how I like them, just straight out of the jar!! I hadn’t tried their Sweet and Savoury beans before and I had a hankering for a really good three bean salad. So the Sweet and Savoury Three Bean Salad was born!!
Three bean salad can be super healthy if you watch what you are putting into it. Don’t laden it with tons of sugar!! This recipe just has a touch of honey!! I also amped up the heat with some hot sauce, oh ya!!! Matt and Steve’s Extreme Beans just blasted this salad into a whole new orbit!! They are delish!!
This is a great salad for anytime of the year, in picnics, for BBQ’s, as a side, but for some reason for me it says late summer salad. So that is why I have it for you today for Labour Day weekend!! I hope you enjoy this updated version of a classic salad. My mouth is watering thinking again how yummy those Matt and Steve’s Extreme Beans are!!
Sweet and Savoury Three Bean Salad
- 1- 15 oz. can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 -15 oz. kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 - 500 ml. (16oz.) jar Matt and Steve's Sweet and Savoury Extreme Beans, drained and chopped
- 4 green onion, chopped
- 8 large radishes, chopped
- 2 stalks celery
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 Tbsp. hot sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix together the garbanzo beans, kidney beans, green beans, green onion, celery, parsley and radishes. Whisk together the dressing and pour over the bean mixture. Toss gently. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Try all their flavors, Garlic and Dill, Sweet and Savoury and Hot and Spicy. Plus they have cocktail rimmers called Caesar Rim, Strawberry Kiss and Lime Margarita. Lastly, there is an Extreme Bean stuffed olive called The B’nOlive, perfect for my martini!!!