Rhubarb Strawberry Sour Cream Pie
This Rhubarb Strawberry Sour Cream Pie I have made forever!! One of my absolute favorites for rhubarb. The strawberries accompany the rhubarb so nicely and the sour cream gives it just that right creaminess.
I have a big patch of rhubarb at our new house and I couldn’t be more thrilled!! I love making desserts with it or simply poaching it and having it with yogurt for breakfast, YUM!!
Crispy crumble atop a delicious rhubarb filling with a tender flaky crust underneath. The perfect late summer dessert!! Rhubarb is great because you can enjoy it from early in the season until late!! This weekend I am going to can some rhubarb for later in the winter!! That will be a nice treat when the snow is flying!!
I hope you enjoy this pie as much as we have over the years. If you have rhubarb still in your yard, what are you waiting for!!!
- 8 medium strawberries sliced thickly
- 4 cups rhubarb, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 1/3 cup flour + 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Pastry for a 10" deep dish
- Place the pastry in a 10" deep dish and trim off edges. Arrange rhubarb into shell and scatter strawberries around. Mix the sugar and 1/3 cup of flour together. Stir in the sour cream and pour evenly over the rhubarb strawberry mixture.
- Combine the butter, 1/2 cup flour and brown sugar until crumbly. Sprinkle on top.
- Bake for 15 min. at 450F, then an additional 30 min. at 350F or until fruit is tender and crumbs are golden brown. Cool completely before serving.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 782Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 101mgSodium: 467mgCarbohydrates: 105gFiber: 4gSugar: 66gProtein: 10g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.