Tipsy Pumpkin Bread Pudding
I was asked by Dairy Farmers of Canada to create a potluck recipe for this month’s challenge. I wanted something very special for this dish. Something a little unique and of course seasonal. That was where Tipsy Pumpkin Bread Pudding came to be.
This can be easily made a head of time and reheated when ready to serve, so it makes a great dish to bring to a potluck for the holidays.
The Southern Comfort Toffee Sauce adds the right umph to the dish. Every adult at the party will be diving into this dessert but the little ones can still have the pudding with some cream or ice cream as the sauce has the alcohol.
This cooks up in a slow cooker and can be transferred to the party in the crockpot also for ease of reheating!
Tipsy Pumpkin Bread Pudding Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1-14 oz. can pure pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. Pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 cups table cream (18%)
- 1 1/t sp. Vanilla extract
- 12 oz. Good quality sliced white bread, such as a French loaf, torn into bite sized pieces
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- Cooking Spray
- Whipped cream for topping
Tipsy Southern Comfort Toffee Sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup whipping cream
- ¼ cup Southern Comfort (optional)
- Spray the dish of a slow cooker with cooking spray and set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs, pumpkin, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, cream and vanilla in a large bowl. Fold in the bread and raisins. Pour into the prepared dish and sprinkle with the pecans.
- Cook on low for 3 to 3 ½ hours until the bread pudding is set and browned on the edges.
- To make the sauce:
- Melt the brown sugar and butter in a small saucepan. Whisk in the cream, bring to a boil while stirring and let cook for 3 min. Remove from heat and add the Southern Comfort.
- To serve:
- Serve individual amounts of pudding in a small dish and top with the toffee sauce and whipped cream.
- To make ahead just reheat in the microwave and serve with the warmed sauce.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 534Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 123mgSodium: 274mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 3gSugar: 38gProtein: 7g