White Wine Garlic Mussels
Do you want something that is easy and delicious for tonight’s meal? I have the perfect festive recipe for you that we have loved for years. White Wine Garlic Mussels are so easy to make and delightfully shared with family or friends. Put the pot out on the table, gather some bowl and some bread and you have a great feast. Accompany this with a salad afterward and it is the easiest #WeekdaySupper meal ever but yet it just seems to be bumped up and special and that is what you want for Christmas Eve!!
Succulent mussels in a white wine and garlic sauce. We can go through an entire french bread loaf just dipping into the wonderful sauce that is created while cooking these for only 7 min. So fast, so fresh and so easy!!
I love mussels and just can’t get enough of them. Mussels used to be only the best in months that ended in “r” but most are farmed now so they are available and good year-round. Discard any mussels that don’t close with a tap on the shell before cooking or ones that have a broken shell. Never eat a mussel that hasn’t opened after cooking. That is all you need to know to enjoy delicious mussels. If you have never cooked them at home you will be surprised to see how very easy and delicious they are!!
- 2 lbs. mussels, scrubbed and beards removed
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4-5 gloves garlic, minced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- Pinch of salt
- French stick bread for dipping
- Discard any mussels that don't close after a tap on the shell or that the shells are broken.
- Add oil to a large pot and saute garlic over medium high heat until just lightly browned, careful not to burn. Add the mussels, white wine, green onions, parsley, grape tomatoes and a pinch of salt.
- Cook covered for 7 min. Serve in the pot with bread for dipping. Discard any mussels that have not opened.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 512Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 127mgSodium: 916mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 56g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.
We have a whole week of delicious and easy #WeekdaySuppers for you to enjoy!!
Monday – Vegetable Pot Pie Hand Pies by Feed Me, Seymour
Tuesday – Shrimp Scampi with Linguine by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
Wednesday – White Wine Garlic Mussels by Noshing With The Nolands
Thursday – Hot Brown Pasta Bake by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Friday – Kielbasa Roll Ups by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings