Blueberry Basil Lemonade
I love homemade lemonades. So refreshing in the summer and a great mocktail can be turned into a cocktail very easily. So everyone from kids to adults can enjoy!! That is why I have this wonderful Blueberry Basil Lemonade for you today. Blueberries are one of my all time favorite fruits and they pair so lovely with basil and lemon making this cocktail not only unique but delicious!
I love muddling a herb to add to a cocktail. Then topping it off with a little club soda or sparkling water adds just the right fizz and fun to it without adding sweetness. Learned this trick from Clinton Kelly on The Chew, he is forever finishing a cocktail like that.
Slip in an ounce or two of vodka or flavored vodka and you have an amazing cocktail. The lemonade can be made well in advance and these easy cocktails whippped up in a moments notice.
- 5 lemons, juiced about 1½ cups
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cups water
- 1 Tbsp. shreddd basil
- 1 heaping Tbsp. blueberries
- 1-2 oz. vodka or flavored vodka. optional
- Lemon sparkling water
- For the lemonade, stir lemon juice and sugar together until dissolved. Add the water. Store in a pitcher in the fridge until ready to use.
- When ready to make a mocktail or cocktail, take the basil and blueberries and place in a tall glass. With a long spoon muddle the ingredients together. Top with ice, vodka if using and lemonade, fill to about ⅞ and then top with a little lemon sparklling water.