Roasted Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs
We all want a delicious, easy, inexpensive meal to feed our family on weeknights. These Roasted Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs are all that and more. I have found a few times chicken thighs, bone-in and skin-on, on sale at a really low price for a big huge package. I then divide them up and freeze into thirds or fourths.
A few simple ingredients make this scrumptious dinner in no time. I love that it is a complete meal on a sheet, easy veggies and chicken and so does my family. Leaving the skin-on and bone-in while cooking adds amazing flavor to this simple chicken dinner.
The chicken roasts up juicy along with the veggies being sweet and tender. There is such little clean up also with this recipe. If you want to line the pan with foil, then there is even less. I have made this recipe many times now and have added other veggies I have on hand like squash, parsnips, turnip, sweet potatoes, Brussel sprouts etc.
You will fall in love with this recipe and make it again and again. Sure doesn’t taste like you just added a bunch of ingredients to a tray and popped it in the oven. It tastes like you slaved over it. The chicken juices escape to add flavor to the veggies. The veggies then brown and caramelize giving even more flavor to the meal. Using little potatoes couldn’t be easier too, no need to peel, cut or even wash, just pop them onto the tray. The meal prep. time is about 10 minutes maximum!!
- 6-7 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 4 large carrots, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 2 small to medium onions, cut into large chunks
- 1 lb. little potatoes
- 2-3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. each dried oregano and thyme
- Garlic salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F. Place the chicken, carrots, onions, and potatoes onto a rimmed cookie sheet. Drizzle on the olive oil and toss. Season with oregano, thyme, garlic salt and pepper. Roast for 25-28 min. or until chicken reads 165F.