Today we are celebrating an anniversary!!! #SundaySupper turns 2!! How exciting, I have been with #SundaySupper for almost 1 1/2 years, so it was just a baby when I started. We have so many more things happening now and it has grown strong with such a lovely group of bloggers to work with every week. Sunday Supper magazine is now up and running and there is a yearly conference in Florida also.
At the helm is the fantastic Isabel Reis Laessig, from Family Foodie, this was her baby, her conception. So I thought what better way to celebrate than with one of her fabulous recipes!! Week, after week she has delicious recipes that inspire us all to gather around the Sunday Supper table to share with our families.
This is now one of my favorite mac and cheese, I could have devoured the entire casserole dish. I adored the walnut topping and the taste of the white wine mixed in with the cheese. In her recipe she said to add either chicken stock or white wine, well I added both and for me it was the perfect balance. Little bits of yummy proscuitto in every bite just adds to the deliciousness!!!
We were asked to look back to think of one of our favorite times we have had at #SundaySupper. That is hard as I enjoy each week for so many different reasons. Instead I will give you my top ten things I love about #SundaySupper.
1. The comaraderie with my fellow bloggers
2. Being able to share my recipe within this fabulous group
3. Getting new and exciting recipes each week
4. Being creative and challenging myself at times to cook within the given theme
5. Fun and imaginative posts to look at each week
6. Learning about blogging, social media and all that it takes
7. Sharing all the other wonderful recipes
8. Having fun on Twitter chats
9. Having a solid and knowledgeable group to ask questions to
10. Sharing recipes also on #WeekdaySupper
When you have all these things it sure doesn’t seem like work, so much fun!!!
Now back to this dish, it would make an excellent side also but we had it with a big salad. I made it in the afternoon, covered it and baked it at supper with the foil still on. It kept the pasta from drying out. I am sad this dish is all gone, I will have to make it again soon. I hope you try it and come back to me to tell me how much you like it!!! ENJOY!!!
- 1 lb. of ditallini pasta or elbow macaroni
- ¼ lb. of proscuitto, sliced thick
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- ¼ cup of red or sweet onion
- 1 tsp. garlic paste or garlic cloves to taste
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups of white wine or chicken stock (I used one and one of each)
- 4 Tbsp. flour
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- ½ cup walnuts, finely chopped
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add the macaroni and cook at a boil until just al dente.
- Drain, rinse in cold water and set aside.
- Cut the proscuitto in thin strips. Cut the spinach into thin strips.
- In a food processor or with chopper, mince the onion and garlic until very fine and smooth.
- In a large skillet or pan, melt 1 Tbsp. of butter and add the proscuitto and cook until crisp, approx. 5 min.
- Remove from pan and place on a paper towel, set aside.
- Add the remaining butter and melt, add the onion and garlic and cook for 5 min. until slightly browned.
- Add the flour and stir and cook for 3-4 min. Add the milk milk gradually and whisk.
- Add the white wine and chicken stock and continue to stir until the mixture starts to thicken but is very smooth. It will just start to coat the back of a wooden spoon.
- Add the mozzarella while stirring. It may appear stringy but will mix with the pasta later.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the pasta, proscuitto and spinach.
- Butter a 9x13" baking dish or 8 small ramekins to make individual portions
- Add the macaroni mixture and sprinkle with the chopped walnuts.
- (Wrap and refrigerate is you want at this point).
- Bake at 350F for 20 min. if made right away if chilled in the fridge bake for 30 min. with foil covering.
- Place under the broiler if desired to brown and serve immediately.
Now go and see all of these other recipes and the wonderful sites that make up #SundaySupper!!
Brilliant Breads and Breakfast Fare:
- Brioche aux Pépites de Chocolat from Food Lust People Love
- Broccoli, Potato & Cheese Egg Cups from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Celebration Strawberry Crepes from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Homemade Brioche from Masala Herb
- Onion Cheddar Cheese Focaccia from Flour On My Face
- Poached Pear Bread from Hip Foodie Mom
Amazing Appetizers and Cocktails:
- Blood Orange Gin Fizz from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Blue Cheese Walnut Tarts from Magnolia Days
- Caramelized Onion and Mushroom Stuffed Butternut Squash from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Cheesy Twists from What Smells So Good?
- Key Lime Pie Martini from girlichef
- Pizza Dip from The Food Army Wife
- Slow Cooker Party Mix from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
Spectacular Soups and Salads:
- Creamy, Tangy Bacon Salad Dressing from Daily Dish Recipes
- Day at the Beach Healthy Tuna Salad from Shockingly Delicious
- Low Carb Spicy Chunky Vegetable Beef Chili from Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Luscious Fruit Salad from Pescetarian Journal
- Quinoa and Buffalo Chicken Salad from In the Kitchen with KP
- Carne de Porco Alentejana | Portuguese Pork and Clams from Family Foodie
- Chicken Shami Kebab from Soni’s Food
- Chicken and Rice Dinner in the Crock from Momma’s Meals
- Curried Chicken from The Foodie Patootie
- Healthy Chicken Tetrazzini from Citronlimette
- Imagination Stew from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Orecchiette with Chicken, Brocccoli, Mushrooms and Onions from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Runny Egg Risotto from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Sautéed Chicken with Tarragon Cream Sauce plus Arugula, Radicchio and Escarole Salad from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Seafood Stew from Healthy. Delicious.
- Spice-Crusted Fish Tacos with Confetti Salsa from The Weekend Gourmet
- Spicy Roasted Squash and Wild Rice Bake from Curious Cuisiniere
- Spicy Shrimp Tempura Rolls from kimchi MOM
- Spinach Proscuitto Macaroni and Cheese with Walnut Topping from Noshing with the Nolands
- Tuscan Chicken Spinach Soup with Roasted Red Pepper from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Azuki Red Bean Ice Cream from The Ninja Baker
- Banana Pudding Parfaits from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Birthday Cake Macaron from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Caramel Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars from Pies and Pots
- Chocolate Mousse Torte from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cinnamon Sugar Churros and Chocolate Sauce from Neighborfood
- Crumb Cake Brownies from Table for Seven
- Frozen Chocolate Covered Banana Pops from Ruffles & Truffles
- Gluten-Free Epiphany Cake from Happy Baking Days
- Gluten-Free Vegan Coconut Cookies by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Happy Birthday Cake Batter Truffles from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Kahlua Toffee Ice Cream Cake from Webicurean
- Mini Chocolate Bundt Cake with Raspberry Sauce from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Pineapple Coconut Cupcakes from Basic N Delicious
- S’mores Snack Cake from Alida’s Kitchen
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.