Argentinian Steak Sandwich with Chimichurri
Argentinian Steak Sandwich with Chimichurri. We are starting 5 Days of Sandwiches for you, but they will be spread over a couple of weeks as we have some special Mother’s Day recipes and #SundaySupper, etc. to also share with you.
Today’s sandwich is an Argentinian steak on garlicky naan bread and then doused with yummy chimichurri sauce. Lots of wonderful flavor in this easy sandwich!!
I found this recipe in a Family Fun magazine. I have received that magazine now for a couple of years and enjoy the crafts and recipes.
- 1 1/2 lb. flank steak
- 4 garlic naan bread, warmed
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a food processor mix all the ingredients together reserving the salt and pepper until after it is mixed and then adjust seasoning to taste.
- Marinate the flank steak with half the chimichurri in a Ziploc bag for 1-8 hours. Reserve the other half for the sandwich.
- Discard the chimichurri that you have used to marinate the steak and pat dry.
- Grill over medium heat for 3-4 min. a side for medium-rare. Turning the steak only once to let a nice char.
- Let the steak rest for 5 min. and then slice against the grain in 1/4" slices.
- Place on top of naan bread and spoon on the reserved chimichurri.
- Fold over and enjoy!!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 845Total Fat: 46gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 32gCholesterol: 134mgSodium: 595mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 56g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust
Adapted from Family Fun Magazine