Brioche Hot Dog Buns
Ken is back as the baker again with another use for his brioche dough. This time he created Brioche Hot Dog Buns and they are fantastic!!
You can find another recipe like Mini Cinnamon Pull Aparts that Ken has made from this same dough.
He used the wonderful Sipain baking mat that lets you freeze, proof, or bake with non-stick properties and gives you a perfect crusty finish every time!! It is the brainchild of the Silpat family.
Make your next BBQ or picnic even more special with homemade buns!! ENJOY!!
- 1 Tbsp. dry yeast
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 2½ tsp. salt
- 5 cups flour
- 1 cup hot water
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup butter, cut into pieces and softened
- In a standup mixer with a paddle attachment add yeast, sugar, salt, and 1 cup flour. Pour in the hot water and mix at medium speed for 2 min. or until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat well after each. Mix in 2 more cups of flour slowly and mix well. Add butter, a few pieces at a time, and mix well until completely incorporated.
- Put in the remaining flour, the dough will still be sticky.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, let rise for 3 hours until doubled. Deflate and cover again, refrigerate for 6-18 hours. The dough can be frozen at this point if desired. Thaw before proceeding.
- Place dough on a floured surface and gently knead. Form dough into hot dog bun shapes and place on a Silpain bread mat. Cover lightly with a tea towel and let rise for 40 min.
- Preheat oven to 400F and bake for 20 min. or until golden brown.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 30 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 152Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 258mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.