Two days ago I gave you a Mexican Meatball Soup recipe from this cookbook that I am reviewing. I don’t normally do this but I am giving you a second recipe, Enchilada Casserole as I am loving this cookbook. This one is so easy.
I love Mexican foods but have never purchased enchilada sauce. Why I have no idea??? This casserole was the easiest thing on earth to make.
I strongly advise you to purchase this wonderful cookbook. I will be making many more from it. My new go-to cookbook for Mexican meals for sure!!
Come and enjoy this casserole and see how easy it is to make. ENJOY!!!
- 18- 6-inch corn tortillas, micro warmed (I used flour tortillas)
- 3 cups red or green enchilada sauce, store-bought (I used 1/2 enchilada, 1/2 homemade salsa)
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 3 cups Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese (I used a blend of Tex Mex and cheddar)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place 6 tortillas in the bottom of a baking dish, overlapping as necessary (I used a 9x13" and sprayed it with cooking spray).
- Top with 1 cup of the sauce, spreading to the outer edges of the tortillas. Top with half of the chicken and 1 cup of the cheese, spreading to the outer edges.
- Garnish with one-third of the onion. Layer six more tortillas, sauce, the remaining chicken, and a half each of the remaining cheese and onion.
- Top with the remaining 6 tortillas and remaining sauce, cheese, and onion.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 min. Let stand 5-8 min.
- Cut into squares and serve on individual plates.
- Garnish with lettuce, olives, and tomatoes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 574Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 101mgSodium: 1268mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 8gSugar: 7gProtein: 33g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.