Two days ago I gave you a Mexican Meatball Soup recipe from this cookbook that I am reviewing. I don’t normally do this but I am giving you a second recipe, Enchilada Casserole as I am loving this cookbook. This one is so easy.
I love Mexican foods but have never purchased enchilada sauce. Why I have no idea??? This casserole was the easiest thing on earth to make.
I strongly advise you to purchase this wonderful cookbook. I will be making many more from it. My new go-to cookbook for Mexican meals for sure!!
Come and enjoy this casserole and see how easy it is to make. ENJOY!!!
Enchilada Casserole from 200 Easy Mexican Recipes
A wonderfully easy casserole to put together and enjoy!!
- 18- 6-inch corn tortillas, micro warmed (I used flour tortillas)
- 3 cups red or green enchilada sauce, store-bought (I used 1/2 enchilada, 1/2 homemade salsa)
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 3 cups Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese (I used a blend of Tex Mex and cheddar)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place 6 tortillas in the bottom of a baking dish, overlapping as necessary (I used a 9x13" and sprayed it with cooking spray).
- Top with 1 cup of the sauce, spreading to the outer edges of the tortillas. Top with half of the chicken and 1 cup of the cheese, spreading to the outer edges.
- Garnish with one-third of the onion. Layer six more tortillas, sauce, the remaining chicken, and a half each of the remaining cheese and onion.
- Top with the remaining 6 tortillas and remaining sauce, cheese, and onion.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 min. Let stand 5-8 min.
- Cut into squares and serve on individual plates.
- Garnish with lettuce, olives, and tomatoes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 574Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 101mgSodium: 1268mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 8gSugar: 7gProtein: 33g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.
Comments & Reviews
This looks fantastic. I might need to get my hands on that book! 🙂
Noshing with the Nolands says
Thanks so much Nicole, it really has great recipes!!
I’m ready for dinner, again. Lovely dishes. This and your Sunday Supper look perfect for entertaining and brunches.
Hi there, just saw the recipe for Enchilada Casserole, looks delicious and can’t wait to try it. I do have a question, in the recipe for ingredients it has 1/2 sliced black olives. Is that a cup, jar, or what :). Just wanted to let you know. I will probably omit the olives cause we not like olives :). But did just want to let you know for others. Keep the recipes coming, they look good and I can’t figure out which to fix first. 🙂
Noshing with the Nolands says
That would be 1/2 cup and thank you so much for pointing that out. I will go make the change right now!!