Helpful Items for This Recipe
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small portion from qualifying purchases at no extra charge for you.
What are Anise Cookies?
How to prepare Anise cookies?
The steps that lead to eating these addicting cookies are simple. You can involve kids if you wish, it is a great recipe for this purpose. Kids love sprinkles and will be happy at least adding those on to these delicious cookies.
What do I need?
I used my Kitchenaid stand mixer but if you don’t have one, do not worry, a large bowl and a whisk will work as perfectly. A cookie sheet with parchment paper will be necessary for baking them.
Now, what do I do?
Prepare the glaze
This is a very easy step! You just need to mix the confectioner’s sugar also known as powdered sugar or icing sugar and some water or milk. Tip: if it is too runny when you dip the top of your cookie, add a tablespoon of icing sugar to thicken your glaze. Dust with multicolor nonpareils or any sprinkles of your choice.
Can You Freeze Anise Cookies?
What Else Can you Use Anise For?
For the cookies
- 1/2 cup of butter, soft
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, medium size
- 2 tsp. of anise extract
- 2 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of icing sugar
- 2 tbsp of milk (or water)
- Pre-heat the oven at 350F.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and the sugar.
- Add the eggs, one by one. Mix well.
- Incorporate the baking powder and pour the anise extract.
- Add the flour and mix until fully incorporated.
- Shape the dough into small balls (roughly smaller than a golf ball)
- Bake them 8 to 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix the icing sugar with the milk.
- Once the anise cookies are baked and cooled down, dip the top of the cookie in the glaze and sprinkle immediately with nonpareils.
- Repeat until done and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 22 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 125Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 100mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 0gSugar: 9gProtein: 2g