I have a meatball fetish at the moment, been happening for about a month now, just can’t get enough!! So when I saw that #SundaySupper had a theme of meatballs I knew I had to jump right in with Slow Cooker Turkey Appetizer Jelly Meatballs.
For Super Bowl this year I used frozen pre-made turkey meatballs, put them in the slow cooker, frozen, with hot sauce, and then served them with a drizzle of blue cheese dressing. Could not have been easier and they were a huge hit!!
So I did the same for this recipe, which only took a matter of minutes more to create the jelly/chili sauce and voila, super easy meatballs that will be gobbled down at any event. Thank you so much Sue Slusser Lau of A Palatable Pastime for this great event.
I have had these tangy jelly meatballs before but not done in the slow cooker and not with frozen meatballs. The recipe turned out fantastic, so easy and so delicious.
Look at how gorgeous they are, I know you want to reach in and grab one!! This recipe would be fantastic on game day but would also work great for any holiday like Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
That is when everyone loves to gobble down their turkey!!
- One 750gm (26 oz.) (78-83 meatballs) package of frozen pre-cooked turkey meatballs (the sauce can handle more at least 100 if you have a larger bag)
- 350 ml. (11 0z.) bottle of chili sauce
- 1 cup grape jelly
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- Place frozen meatballs in the bowl of a slow cooker. Whisk together the rest of the ingredients well and pour onto the meatballs. Cook on low for 3-4 hours. Serve hot.
Look at all the amazing meatballs we have to share with you today, I can’t wait to check them all out!!
- Bacon Wrapped Cheesy Meatballs with Maple Balsamic Sauce from The Crumby Cupcake
- Cheesy Stuffed Pepperoni Pizza Meatballs from The Weekend Gourmet
- Garlicky Shrimp Meatballs from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Grilled Korean Meatballs from Palatable Pastime
- Slow Cooker Turkey Appetizer Jelly Meatballs from Noshing With The Nolands
- Stuffed Meatballs from The Freshman Cook
- Turkey Meatballs in Orange Sauce from Pine Needles In My Salad
- Turkey Meatballs with Spinach and Goat Cheese from Our Good Life
- Russian Meatball Soup from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Main Dish Meatballs:
- All-Purpose Meatballs from Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Bourbon Baked Bean Meatballs from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cheesy Italian Meatball Sandwich from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Chicken Parmesan Meatball Casserole from Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Fightin’ Irish Balls from Monica’s Table
- General Tso’s Chicken Meatballs from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Grandma’s Italian Meatball Subs from Family Around The Table
- Hamballs from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Kefta Mkaouara (Moroccan Meatballs Tagine) from Curious Cuisiniere
- Kofte-Style Lamb Meatballs in a Tomato-Pepper Sauce from Caroline’s Cooking
- Meatball Subs from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Moroccan Lamb Meatballs in Tomato Sauce from MyGourmetConnection
- Persian Lamb Meatballs from Food Lust People Love
- Roasted Vegetable Meatballs from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Slow Cooker Meatball Ranch Stroganoff from Seduction in the Kitchen
- Slow Cooker Spanish Meatballs from The Chef Next Door
- Sriracha Sesame Turkey Meatballs from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Sweet & Sour Freezer to Slow-Cooker Meatballs from Wholistic Woman
- Tajine-el-Khoukh (Algerian Stuffed Peaches) from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Thai Meatball Lettuce Wraps from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Thai Spaghetti and Meatballs from Kitchen Gidget
- Thai Red Curry Meatballs with Coconut Curry Sauce from kimchi MOM
- Ultimate Pasta & Meatballs from MealDiva
- Brownie Meatballs with Frosting Spaghetti from Pies and Plots
Plus Buffalo Chicken Meatballs and More Amazing Meatball Recipes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement