Mexican Impossible Pie
I love making impossible pies, they are so very easy. My mom was not a cook at all but she did like a very easy recipe. I found this recipe of hers, no name, just ingredients and some quick instructions on a scrap piece of paper and decided to call it Mexican Impossible Pie.
Such an easy recipe, such simple ingredients. This turned out fantastic and I have to give all the kudos to my mom, I just had to share this recipe with you, as you will love it too!
What an amazing result when you just layer ingredients into a pie plate and then pour a blended mixture on top, out of the oven comes this amazing pie. Everything falls into place.
The cheese floats to the top for a crispy upper crust and the Bisquick falls to the bottom for a tender bottom crust.
Some old fashioned recipes are the best and this one saves you loads of time and will be a family favorite. A nice light salad to go with this and you will have the kids asking for you to make this again and again.
Top a slice with a little salsa and sour cream and you have brought it all to a new level!!
Hamilton Beach Blender
A great blender like this Hamilton Beach one will have the work done for you in a flash, easy clean up too as it all goes into the dishwasher. We love ours!
Pop it in the oven, sit back and relax for a minute, supper will be on the table in no time!! ENJOY!!
Mexican Impossible Pie Recipe
- 1 lb. ground beef, lean or extra lean
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 1 envelope taco seasoning (I use Epicure as it is low sodium)
- 1 small can (4.5 oz.) diced green chilies
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 3/4 cup Bisquick, gluten free if needed
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. hot sauce, or to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F. Saute the beef with the onions in a large skillet until browned and cooked through. Stir in taco seasoning and mix in water according to package. Cook until water evaporates. Spread the meat mixture into a 10" pie pan sprayed with cooking spray. Layer on the chilies and then the cheese.
- In a blender, mix together the milk, Bisquick, eggs, hot sauce and salt and pepper. Blend on high for 2 min. Pour over meat mixture. Bake for 30 - 35 min. or until crispy browned on top.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 304 Total Fat: 16g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 139mg Sodium: 438mg Carbohydrates: 14g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 3g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 25g