Sunday Supper has a cool theme this week, Picnic. I love the thought of picnics and we don’t do enough of them. Today is hosted by T. R. Crumbley from Gluten Free Crumbley. I decided to make a lovely Strawberry Lemonade but then I thought of adding pineapple to the mix. So glad I did as it added almost creaminess to the lemonade, so good. Strawberry Pineapple Lemonade can be in your picnic basket too this summer. So easy to make and so full of fresh fruit goodness.
It is also Earth Day on the 22nd of April, so getting outside and enjoying our world is a great thing to do!!
Some of our “picnics” are indoors in a hotel room, come to think of it. We just had one of those in London, England instead of going out for dinner. This was on the the one night that we were later going to the theater, to see Phantom of The Opera. It worked out fabulously actually, as we got to shop at the Harrod’s food halls for our picnic. You can’t beat that for a place to shop. Look at the lovely pastries we had to choose from.
Besides amazing cheeses, meats, breads and olives, I chose the best cupcake on the planet for my dessert for the picnic. Really, don’t think I have every had one this good. It was carrot cake with a heavenly cream cheese icing and so adorably cute!!
I love a great drink on a picnic also, something special and this Strawberry Pineapple Lemonade fits the bill. It can be easily transported in a large pitcher or thermos. It is a bit concentrated so that it goes well with the dilution of the ice.
- 1 lb. strawberries, washed and hulled
- 5 lemons, juiced about 1 1/2 cups
- Four fresh pineapple spears, cut into chunks
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cups water
- Basil and lemon for garnish (optional)
- Place strawberries in a blender with half the juice from the lemons. Pulse until pureed. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in 2 cups of the water and sugar, stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Place the pineapple in the blender with the remaining lemon juice and some water if needed. Blend until smooth, add to the strawberry mixture. Add in the rest of the water. Stir well and refrigerate. Serve cold over ice with lemon slices and basil to garnish if desired.
- Transfer to a pitcher or thermos for a picnic.
Look at all these wonderful recipes to take on your next delicious picnic!!
- Caprese Skewers by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- French Onion Dip, with Greek Yogurt by Casa de Crews
- Mediterranean Spiced Hummus by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Pepperoni Pinwheels by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Watermelon Salad by annaDishes
- Blackberry Lemonade by The Redhead Baker
- Blueberry Mojito Mocktails by NeighborFood
- Grandma’s Stuff by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Minty Cardinal Punch by Food Lust People Love
- Pineapple Ginger Lemonade Spiked with Turmeric by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Sangria Punch by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Strawberry Pineapple Lemonade by Noshing With The Nolands
- Avocado Sriracha Egg Salad by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Barbecue Ranch Quinoa Chicken Salad by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Boneless Chicken Wings by Nosh My Way
- Chicken Salad Sliders by Life Tastes Good
- Spanish tortilla by Caroline’s Cooking
- Broccoli & Tomato Pasta Salad by Flour On My Face
- Buffalo Macaroni Salad by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Fully Loaded Baked Potato Salad by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Granola Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Greek Style Asparagus Salad by Curious Cuisiniere
- No Mayo Slaw with Poppyseed Dressing by Palatable Pastime
- Spiralized Beet and Goat Cheese Salad by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
Soups and Salads:
- Broccoli Salad with Bacon and Dried Cranberries by Food Done Light
- Layered Mason Jar Pasta Salad for Two by The Weekend Gourmet
- Smoked Turkey Salad by Our Good Life
- Spinach Salad with Apples & Pecans in an Apple Balsamic Vinaigrette by Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen
- Nicoise Salad by The Petit Gourmet
- Bacon-Bulleit Brownies by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Fudgey Coca Cola Cake by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Earth Day Cupcakes by Savory Experiments
- Gluten Free Cookie Bars by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Lemon Lime Pound Cake by Vintage Kitchen
- Mini Lemon Chess Pies by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- No-Bake Cookie Butter Chex Mix Bars by Wallflour Girl
- Peanut Butter Bars by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Peanut Butter Carob Bars by Pies and Plots
- Sourdough Chunk Cookies by What Smells So Good?
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.