I received these wonderful dates to try. Mainly my experience growing up was dates in a hard block, date squares (which I still love) and that was about it. Later in life, I have come to love, appreciate and cook a lot more with dates, like these Stuffed Dates, but never have I seen such BIG, BEAUTIFUL, GLORIOUS MEDJOOL DATES as these from NATURAL DELIGHTS.
Biting into one of these beauties is a treat onto their own, they are so sweet and only slightly chewy as they almost melt in your mouth.
They are huge with wonderfully shiny skins. Instantly I wanted to stuff them with something a bit spicy to meld with that sweet caramel flavor, MAN are they good!!
I added a little crunch from pistachios and this is a winner of an appetizer!!
Look at all the different varieties there are, magnificent.
- 12-15 Medjool dates
- 70 gm. goat cheese
- 1 tsp. Sriracha sauce
- 1/3 cup chopped pistachios
- Pit dates if necessary or just slice open but not all the way through. Set aside.
- Mix goat cheese with the sriracha and stuff with a small amount of the cheese mixture.
- Squeeze slightly to bring the cheese up to the top and press into the nuts.
- Serve whole or sliced in half.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 240Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 108mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 5gSugar: 41gProtein: 5g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.