Cherry is the theme for this month’s Bundt and I first wanted to do Black Forrest Mini Bundts as that is my hubby’s fav but it was already taken. Not a problem, then I was going to get Cherry Grand Marnier but found Kirsch in the cupboard. I also wanted to try a swirl inside the cake so I bought some cherry pie filling. Off I went to create!!!
I also wanted to glaze it with a simple butter/kirsch glaze to bring out the shine. I was amazed how well it turned out and even the swirl worked for my first attempt!!
This cake was so moist and flavorful. A real hit with everyone. It makes a perfect coffee cake too, to serve at a brunch or breakfast. I hope you try this easy and delicious cake. ENJOY!!!
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1⅓ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. Kirsch
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup cherry pie filling
- ¼ cup butter
- ⅛ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup Kirsch
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour bundt pan.
- In a large bowl of a standup mixer with a paddle attachment blend butter and sugar together for 2 min. on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla extract and Kirsch and blend. Mix flour with the salt and baking soda and add to the mixture. Mix in the sour cream. Beat for 2 min. scraping down the bowl often.
- Pour the ½ the batter into the prepared cake pan. Place the cherry pie filling into the middle of the batter creating a ring completely around the bundt pan but staying in the center of the batter. Place the remaining batter on top and smooth out slightly. Bake for 45-55 min. until done. Using a cake tester if possible.
- Cool in pan and then invert onto a cooling rack to glaze.
- Place all the glaze ingredients in a small pan and heat until the sugar is dissolved and the butter is melted. Remove from heat and brush onto cake. Let cake rest between coats to absorb some of the glaze. Continue glazing until the mixture is gone.
Ready for more cherry cakes? Look at these recipes by the talented and fabulous #BundtAMonth bakers:
- Black Forest Mini Bundt Cakes by Kim at Cravings of a Lunatic
- Cherry Blueberry Cheesecake Bundt by Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Cherry Bundt Cake by Kate at Diethood
- Cherry Bundt Cake by Veronica at My Catholic Kitchen
- Cherry Filled Bundt Cake with Chocolate Cherry Drizzle by Heather at Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks
- Cherry Kirsch Bundt by Tara at Noshing With The Nolands
- Cherry Pecan Bundt Cake by Renee at Magnolia Days
- Chocolate Cherry Bundt Cake by Anuradha at Baker Street
- Chocolate Cherry Bundt Cake by Lora at Cake Duchess
- Chocolate Cherry Coke Cake by Jennie at The Messy Baker Blog
- Chocolate Cherry Dream by Kim at Ninja Baking
- Coconut Cherry Chip Bundt Cake by Anne at From My Sweet Heart
- Lemon Cherry Bundt Cake with Lemon Glaze by Anita at Hungry Couple
- Mahlab Vanilla Bundt Cake by Laura at The Spiced Life
- Spicy Cherry Yogurt Bundt Bake by Paula at Vintage Kitchen
- White Chocolate Black Cherry Yogurt Bundt Cake by Karen at In the Kitchen With KP
Here’s how you can be a part of Bundt-a-Month:
- Simple rule: Use cherries – and bake us a Bundt for March
- Post it before April 30, 2013
- Use the #BundtaMonth hashtag in your title. (For ex: title could read – #BundtaMonth: Cherry Bundt)
- Add your entry to the Linky tool below
- Link back to our announcement posts
Even more bundt fun! Follow Bundt-a-Month on Facebook where we feature all our gorgeous bundt cakes. Or head over to our Pinterest board for inspiration and choose from hundreds of Bundt cake recipes.