This month the pick was chocolate. It could be truffle, milk, white or dark. I didn’t know what to make. I have not made many bundts in my life. I am excited to experiment!! I wanted to do a white chocolate one but saved that for Valentine’s Day for you so stick around for that!! I wanted it for my birthday cake!! I didn’t see anyone else in the kitchen making me one!! I wanted something special!!
So I went for a rich chocolate bundt cake. I added in pecans on the top and decided to go the Rocky Road route but didn’t know how to incorporate the marshmallows. I knew they would just melt right into the cake if it was baked and possibly leave little holes behind. Hmmm, that wouldn’t be good. So I came up with a marshmallow glaze that worked great. You can serve it warm over the bundt and it would be fabulous. A small scoop of ice cream along with it and it was amazing. I was very happy how my cake turned out and I hope you all try it too!
Happy Birthday to me!!
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup butter
- 1⅓ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1½ tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 4 oz. melted semi sweet chocolate, cooled slightly
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup half and half
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 Tbsp. half and half cream
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- Grease and flour a bundt pan. Pour the pecans in the bottom. Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a standup mixer with a paddle attachment. Cream butter and sugar together, add eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth. Whisk flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt together. Add to the batter alternating with the cooled melted chocolate. Add the sour cream and half and half. Mix well scraping down the sides as needed.
- Bake for 50-60 min. until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Just before serving, melt the marshmallows, cream and butter in a microwave safe dish on half power for 2-3 min., stirring at 1 min. intervals until melted and smooth. Pour over the bundt cake and serve. Serve with vanilla ice cream if you like also!!
Here now are all the fine chocolate bundts for this month, enjoy!!Chocolate Berry Bundt Cake by Heather from Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks
Chocolate Bundt Cake with Balsamic Strawberry Sauce by Alice from Hip Foodie Mom
Chocolate Chobani Bundt Cake by Carrie from Poet In The Pantry
Chocolate Espresso Bundt Cake by Holly from A Baker’s House
Chocolate Mini Bundts with Matcha Flowers by Kim from Ninja Baking
Chocolate Raspberry Swirl Bundt Cake by Anita from Hungry Couple
Chocolate Rocky Road Bundt Cake by Tara from Noshing With The Nolands
Chocolate Turtle Bundt Cake by Kim from Cravings Of A Lunatic
Deep Chocolate Be Mine Bundt by Stacy from Food Lust People Love
Double Chocolate Swirled Bundt Cake by Laura from The Spiced Life
Chocolate Peanut Butter Layered Bundt Cake by Karen from In The Kitchen With KP
Red Wine Chocolate Bundt Cake with Mascarpone Whipped Cream by Kate from Food Babbles
Sour Cream Chocolate Bundt Cake by Renee from Magnolia Days
Quadruple Chocolate Bundt Cake by Dorothy from Shockingly Delicious
Vanilla and Chocolate Marble Bundt Cake by Anuradha from Baker Street
White Chocolate Raspberry Bundt Cake by Paula from Vintage Kitchen
Powered by Linky ToolsClick here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…