Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore #WeekdaySupper
Happy to be doing another #Weekday Supper for you and this is an easy one. I love using the slow cooker for an simple weekday meal that doesn’t taste anything like simple. Nothing works better than that for me except, well, maybe going out for dinner but who can afford that during the week!!
Today I give you a really delicious Chicken Cacciatore made with olives. I have never added this ingredient in before and I loved it!! I added two different kinds olives to add even more variety. Looks how gorgeous this is!!
So rich tasting and full of flavor, served on top of some simple egg noodles and you have a delicious meal that your family will rave about!! I hope you try this recipe and love it as much as we did. ENJOY!!!
Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore Recipe
- 2 lb. bone in chicken thighs
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tsp. garlic paste
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped or cut into strips
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 -28 oz. can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsp. oregano paste
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 cup mixed pitted olives
- Cooked egg noodles
- Parsley for garnish
- Remove the skin from the chicken and trim off any visible fat.
- Heat a large fry pan with the oil over medium heat and brown the chicken on both sides. Place the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Add the onions, peppers and celery to the slow cooker.
- Add the wine to the fry pan and stir and scrape up any browned bits from the chicken. Add the oregano and garlic paste and cook reducing the wine by half. Pour over the chicken mixture in the slow cooker. Add the tomatoes, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Set crock pot on low and cook for 7 hours.
- When done turn the crock to high, remove lid and let bubble for one hour to thicken.
- Add the olives and let bubble for a few minutes to heat through.
- Serve over egg noodles and garnish with parsley.
Recipe adapted from Italian Food Forever.com
Monday – kimchi MOM – Fast and Cheesy Ramen
Tuesday – The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen – Roasted Red Pepper, Tomato and Bacon Soup
Wednesday – Foxes Love Lemons – Lentil-Mushroom Ragu
Thursday – Noshing With The Nolands – Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
Friday – Basic N Delicious – Avocado Pesto Pasta