Happy to be doing another #Weekday Supper for you and this is an easy one. I love using the slow cooker for a simple weekday meal that doesn’t taste anything like simple.
Nothing works better than that for me except, well, maybe going out for dinner but who can afford that during the week!!
Today I give you a really delicious Chicken Cacciatore made with olives. I have never added this ingredient before and I loved it!!
I added two different kinds of olives to add even more variety. Looks how gorgeous this is!!
Subscribe To Our Weekly Newsletter
So rich tasting and full of flavor served on top of some simple egg noodles and you have a delicious meal that your family will rave about!! I hope you try this recipe and love it as much as we did. ENJOY!!!
- 2 lb. bone-in chicken thighs
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tsp. garlic paste
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- Large sweet red pepper, chopped or cut into strips
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 -28 oz. can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsp. oregano paste
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 cup mixed pitted olives
- Cooked egg noodles
- Parsley for garnish
- Remove the skin from the chicken and trim off any visible fat.
- Heat a large frypan with the oil over medium heat and brown the chicken on both sides. Place the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Add the onions, peppers, and celery to the slow cooker.
- Pour the wine into the frypan and stir and scrape up any browned bits from the chicken. Add the oregano and garlic paste and cook reducing the wine by half. Pour over the chicken mixture in the slow cooker. Add the tomatoes, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Set crockpot on low and cook for 7 hours.
- When done turn the crock to high, remove the lid, and let bubble for one hour thicken.
- Add the olives and let bubble for a few minutes to heat through.
- Serve over egg noodles and garnish with parsley.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 511Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 201mgSodium: 558mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 39g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.
Recipe adapted from Italian Food Forever.com
Come and see what everyone has offered this week for #WeekdaySupper
Monday – kimchi MOM – Fast and Cheesy Ramen
Tuesday – The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen – Roasted Red Pepper, Tomato and Bacon Soup
Wednesday – Foxes Love Lemons – Lentil-Mushroom Ragu
Thursday – Noshing With The Nolands – Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
Friday – Basic N Delicious – Avocado Pesto Pasta