Mouthwatering Steak and Potatoes Appetizer
Disclosure: I was compensated for this post. All opinions and experiences are my own.
I am so excited to show you this recipe today using Little Potato Company’s Creamer potatoes! This Mouthwatering Steak and Potatoes Appetizer is a quick and delicious appetizer to serve at anytime. I got the inspiration from little open face sandwiches, but steak and potatoes just go together like peas and carrots!! A marriage made in heaven!
The creamy buttery tasting little potato marries perfectly with gorgeous filet mignon and bernaise sauce. This appetizer only has three ingredients yet bursts with amazing flavors as you are using only the finest of ingredients.
This little gem of an appetizer looks so elegant yet it is easy to make.
This appetizer is gluten free as Little Potatoes are free of gluten and even a packaged bernaise sauce should be gluten free too. Just be sure to check your label.
There are three ingredients and three steps in this recipe. First one is super easy all you have to do is put the Creamer potatoes into a pot of water.
They come pre-washed, with no need for peeling. Just dump them on in and get them up to a boil! They are done perfectly in 15 min.
Second step is to make a packaged bernaise sauce. Just follow the instructions on the package. This should be complete in a matter of minutes.
Lastly, after seasoning with salt and pepper grill up two gorgeous filet mignons to a medium rare perfection!! You are then ready to build your Mouthwatering Steak and Potatoes Appetizer.
Little Potatoes are the perfect vehicle for this steak and potatoes appetizer. Their velvety texture is so enticing.
These can be simply put on a platter, if some are too wobbly just slice off a small amount of the potato on the bottom.
Serving them in spoons would also be a lovely touch!!
You will be coming back for more and more of these Little Potato appetizers. Everyone loved them when we served them up! Huge party hit!!
Mmmm, they really are mouthwatering aren’t they? This appetizer brings steak and potatoes to a whole new level. It is like a steak house meal all in one bite!
These would be great served in the summer just as much as they would be for the holidays!
The Little Potato Company
Creamer potatoes are not immature potatoes at all but fully grown potatoes, mature and at their nutritional best!
For this recipe I used Blushing Belles which are yellow fleshed and red skinned. They have only 90 calories per serving and are loaded with potassium, fiber and Vitamin C.
Serving an elegant appetizer does not have to mean you slave away in the kitchen for hours.
On the contrary with excellent ingredients like Creamer potatoes a showstopper or a dish is easily attainable.
Recently I made Patatas Bravas, which is another easy yet flavorful appetizer!
For more excellent recipes like this one visit Little Potato Company’s recipe section. Put a key word in the search and you are off to finding loads of amazing recipes.
- 1.5 lb. Little Potato Company Blushing Belles
- 2 medium sized filet mignon
- 1 package bernaise sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Chives for garnish, optional
- Salt and pepper steaks well on all sides and let rest to come to room temperature for 10 min.
- Fill a pot of water and add Little Potatoes, no need for washing or peeling. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 min. Drain and let cool.
- Meanwhile whisk together the bernaise sauce per package instructions.
- Preheat BBQ and grill the steak about 5 min. per side or until desired doneness. Let rest for 5 min. while potatoes cool enough to handle.
- Slice potatoes in half. Cut steak in slices and lay a slice on each potato half.
- Drop a small spoonful of bernaise sauce on each potato steak stack and garnish with chives if desired. Serve immediately.