Copycat T.G.I. Friday’s Jack Daniels Grill Glaze
Oh yum, now this is a treat for you, Copycat T.G.I. Friday’s Jack Daniels Grill Glaze!! A glaze that you can slather on ribs, chicken, shrimp or steak just like T. G. I. Friday’s does!! I got this recipe from our friend Eddie next door. He was kind enough to make this for us a few times and then share the recipe with me so I can share it with you all.
Barbecuing can be year round even in our cold climate especially if you do the ribs like we do. Cooked slowly in the oven, 300F for 3 hours, until they are almost falling off the bone then seasoned and slathered in sauce and finished on the BBQ. Delicious!! Try this wonderful glaze next time you are looking for something different than BBQ sauce. You will love it!!
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ⅔ cup water
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- ¼ cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1⅓ cup dark brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. minced white onion
- 1 Tbsp. Jack Daniels Whiskey
- 1 Tbsp. crushed pineapple
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 325F. Slice a ½" off the top of the garlic head. Cut the root end to sit flat. Take off some of the outer layers of skin but leave enough to hold the head together. Drizzle with olive oil and wrap in foil. Bake it for 1 hour. Let it cool enough to handle then squeeze out the garlic paste and set aside.
- Add the water, pineapple juice, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce and brown sugar to a medium pan over medium high heat. Bring the mixture to a boil stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Whisk in the garlic and then the remaining ingredients to the pan. Let simmer for 40-50 min. or until sauce is reduced by half. It should be thick and syrupy and coat the back of a wooden spoon.