Golden Coconut Macaroons were made from The 250 Best Cookies Recipes. Just one of the many delicious-looking cookie recipes in this wonderful cookbook.
There are a few photos to entice you but it is mainly recipe after recipe of great-looking cookies for any time of the year! There are tips throughout the cookbook to help you with ingredient methods, storage methods, and troubleshooting.
The cookies are broken down into easy to find categories such as drop cookies, hand-shaped cookies, sliced cookies, biscotti, sandwich cookies, no-bake cookies, and holiday cookies.
Cookie recipes like Frosted Banana Split Drops, Easy Elephant Ears, Chocolate Almond Biscotti, Crispy Caramel Haystacks, and Holiday Cranberry Cookies.
The author, Esther Brody has developed thousands of recipes and has written many cookbooks like The 250 Best Muffin Recipes, 500 Best Muffin Recipes, 1500 Best Bars, Cookies, Muffins, Cakes and More, and 250 Best Cobblers, Custards, Cupcakes, Bread Puddings & More.
The cookbook included 4 variations, kids adored the cornflakes instead of coconut in these Cornflake Macaroons. What a great idea!!
I hope you enjoy these cookies and try out more from The 250 Best Cookie Recipes Cookbook. ENJOY!!!
- 2 egg whites 2
- 1⁄2 tsp vanilla 2 mL
- 2 tbsp cake flour 25 mL
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar 125 mL
- 1⁄4 tsp salt 1 mL
- 2 cups shredded coconut 500 mL
- • Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C)
- • Cookie sheet lined with waxed or parchment paper or foil
- In a bowl, beat egg whites and vanilla until soft peaks form.
- 2. In another bowl, sift together flour, sugar , and salt. Fold in beaten egg whites, then fold in coconut, blending thoroughly.
- 3. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls (5 mL), about 2 inches (5 cm) apart, onto prepared cookie sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately transfer to wire racks to cool.
- Makes about 11⁄2 dozen
- Excerpted from The 250 Best Cookie Recipes by Esther Brody © www.robertrose.ca Reprinted with publisher permission.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 73Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 58mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 1g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.