Ken and I have started on a new diet of sorts. The Mediterranean diet basically is lots of veggies, fruit, chicken, fish, and the occasional red meat. When I have a steak I absolutely love a really good one and made up into a Mediterranean Steak Salad like this one.
Full on flavor and super healthy!! You can afford to get a really good steak and share it in the salad then if you are on a budget! So it is inexpensive, delicious and healthy, what more can you ask for? For another great Mediterranean treat try our delicious Mezze Platter.
Spice up that steak well and cook it to medium rare to get the full flavor. Make your life easy and grab a jar of already roasted red peppers. The onions and zucchini are grilled up on the BBQ with the steak!
A very simple red wine vinaigrette is the perfect dressing for this salad. It just brings out the flavors even more! The steak, red peppers, onions, and zucchini with the feta are all laid on a bed of crispy romaine lettuce.
Serve this up in a large bowl for everyone to help themselves. Great family style dinner!! It all comes together very quickly! This will be your go to salad for all spring and summer long! I know that I can’t wait to have it again!!
There are lots of salads on the site already that are Mediterranean like a Mediterranean Lentil Salad, Mediterranean Tomato Salad, and Marinated Roasted Red Peppers. We have loved all these salads. They really take the ho hum out of a side salad and add a punch of flavor to your meal!
Dust off that BBQ and get out there to make this simple dinner! You will want to be making it again and again!
Mediterranean Steak Salad Recipe
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 9 oz. steak, good quality rib eye or strip loin, well seasoned with your favorite steak spice or salt and pepper
- 2 medium zucchinis, sliced
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. dried Italian herbs
- 1 jar roasted red peppers, sliced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Whisk up the vinaigrette ingredients adding in the olive oil last and in a stream. Set aside.
- Slice up the onion and zucchini, toss with the tablespoon of olive oil and the Italian herbs.
- Cook the zucchini and onions in a BBQ wok on medium heat until tender, they will take about 12-15 min.
- Meanwhile, BBQ the steak over high heat to medium rare, let rest 5 min. and then slice.
- Lay the lettuce into a large serving bowl. Top in sections the zucchini and onion, roasted red peppers, steak, crumbled feta and serve the dressing on the side.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 736Total Fat: 53gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 31gCholesterol: 165mgSodium: 532mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 6gSugar: 8gProtein: 49g
Recipe calculation was provided by Nutritionix and is an estimation only. If you need nutritional calculations for medical reasons, please use a source that you trust.