Mediterranean Tomato Salad
I love a bright and full of flavor salad at any time of the year. Mediterranean Tomato Salad is the perfect side dish to many entrees. This post first appeared over at Real Housemoms where also I’m a contributor.
If you are still doing some late summer BBQ it will go perfectly with steak, chicken, fish, pork, and more. It will also be a gorgeous pot luck salad to take to a gathering or for any night of the week as it is easy to pull together. Make up some of our Easy Lemon Feta Mediterranean Potatoes or an Italian Pasta Salad too.
The dressing is easy to whip up but if you want to cheat and do a store-bought go right ahead, I won’t tell! Just use fresh and good quality ingredients and you will be thrilled at this flavor profile.
Fresh tomatoes are in abundance right now, currently I still have loads on my plants. Plus, they are in the farmers markets everywhere or always at your local grocery store. The wonderful tastes of the Mediterranean shine through in this scrumptious salad. As a result a fresh explosion of flavors awaits you in every bite.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh oregano, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp. sugar
- Tomato Salad
- 21 oz. grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 large English cucumber, diced
- 12 good quality dried olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup brined feta, crumbled
- 2 Tbsp. fresh dill, chopped for garnish
- Mix together the dressing ingredients in a jar or shaker. Shake rapidly and then set aside.
- Gently toss the salad ingredients together. Serve the dressing on the side or toss the salad gently with the dressing and serve immediately.