Best Ever Mexican Corn Dip
Best Ever Mexican Corn Dip is the ultimate party dip! Sweet corn and cotija cheese are tossed with a chili mayonnaise that makes this dip so good. Serve it warm, cold, or room temperature.
You might have tried this Beer Cheese Dip, Hot Crab Dip, or Roasted Red Pepper Dip. Today we have another super delicious dip recipe perfect for game day, but also great for Cinco De Mayo, so keep this recipe in your back pocket!
Helpful Items for the Recipe
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small portion from qualifying purchases at no extra charge for you.
Hey friends! It’s me, Jordan, and I’m back with another yummy and easy to make recipe for you! In case we haven’t met yet, I’m the recipe developer, photographer, and writer over at JZ Eats.
Whenever I need to bring a dish for a party, tailgate, or get-together with friends, I like to keep it simple. It’s a pain to ask the host to reheat your dish, especially if there are lots of other things that need to go in the oven, microwave, or on the stove.
I want people to enjoy what I brought, so if I’m waiting in line to heat up my dish all the guests will fill up on whatever is already on the table.
My solution? Bring something that can be enjoyed hot, cold, or room temperature! AKA this Mexican Corn Dip. It doesn’t require many ingredients and can be thrown together in less than 15 minutes. Make it right before you leave or prep it ahead of time.
Ingredients for Mexican Corn Dip
Just 10 ingredients and one pan bring this Mexican Corn Dip to life. Oh yea, it’s a one-pan recipe! Those are my favorite because the cleanup is easy and the instructions are simple.
Some people like to add in different cheeses like cheddar cheese or pepper jack cheese or even cream cheese but I like it to be more authentic with the cotija cheese. You can also add in chopped green onions, bell pepper or green chilis as I have seen those added too.
Here’s what you need to make Mexican Corn Dip:
- cotija cheese
- olive oil
- chili powder
- Tortilla Chips or Corn Chips
How To Make Mexican Corn Dip
This Mexican Corn Dip comes together in less than 15 minutes! It’s so easy to throw together last minute or right before you leave the house if you’re bringing it to a party.
You can even serve it right out of the pan if you’re cooking it in a cast-iron skillet. They make such nice presentations! If you don’t have one already, you can find them for a pretty decent price at your local grocery store or on Amazon. I have included one for you above!!
You can also keep this warm in a casserole dish or make it portable that way.
- First, add the butter and olive oil to the pan and heat it on medium-high heat until the butter has melted. Then add the jalapeño and sauté for 1-2 minutes until it begins to char. Next, add the corn and the garlic and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- While that cooks, combine the mayonnaise, chili powder, cilantro, lime zest, and juice from half the lime in a large bowl. I usually do this in the bowl I’m going to serve the dip in.
- When the corn is finished, add it to the bowl with the mayonnaise mixture and toss to combine. Then mix in the cotija cheese crumbles, squeeze the remaining lime juice over the corn and top it with more cilantro and cotija cheese.
What Kind Of Corn Should I Use?
I used frozen sweet white corn, but you can also use canned corn or fresh corn on the cob in this recipe too!
If you’re using fresh corn on the cob, you’ll want about 8-10 ears of corn. You can cook the corn before cutting it off the cob to make it even easier. In the summer I like to char the corn on the grill to make Mexican Corn Dip.
Should I Serve My Dip Hot Or Cold?
Mexican Corn Dip can be served right out of the skillet, chilled, or room temperature. That’s why it’s the best dip ever!
How To Store Mexican Corn Dip
Mexican Corn Dip can be stored in the refrigerator for 1-2 days and reheated in the microwave to your liking. Or you can enjoy it cold.
Optional Toppings For This Dip
I added more cotija cheese and cilantro to my Mexican Corn Dip but you can also add sliced jalapeños, diced red pepper, cubed avocado, or bacon crumbles. Load it up with all the toppings and call it a loaded Mexican Corn Dip!
Other Corn Recipes You May Like
- Chicken Corn Chowder
- Little Potato Charred Corn Salad
- Best Cast Iron Southern Cornbread
- Cayenne Pepper Sauce Swirled Bacon Cornbread Muffins
Other Game Day Recipes You Might Like
- Roasted Beet Hummus
- Crab Cucumber Appetizer Cups
- Sumptuous Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- Slow Cooker Queso Dip
- 2 cups frozen sweet white corn
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup cotija cheese, crumbled
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- Tortilla Chips or Corn Chips
- Melt butter with 1/2 tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add the jalapeno, stir to coat, then sauté for 1-2 minutes until it begins to char. Add the corn and the garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise, chili powder, cilantro, lime zest, and juice from half the lime in a large bowl.
- Add the corn to the bowl with the mayonnaise mixture, toss to combine. Then mix in the cotija cheese crumbles. Squeeze the remaining lime juice over the corn and top with more cilantro and cotija cheese.
- Serve with Tortilla Chips or Corn Chips.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
3 Tier Oval Bowl Set with Collapsible Thicker Sturdier Metal Rack, White Party Food Server Display Set - Tiered Serving Stand - Three Ceramic Fruit Bowl Serving - Dessert Appetizer Cake Candy Chip Dip
"NFL Drive Collection" Beverage Napkins
Backcountry Cast Iron Skillet(12 Inch Large Frying Pan + Cloth Handle Mitt, Pre-Seasoned for Non-Stick Like Surface, Cookware Oven / Broiler / Grill Safe, Kitchen Deep Fryer, Restaurant Chef Quality)
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 162Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 123mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 3g